Special Projects Internship – Programming
The Cathedral Arts Project mission is to enrich the quality of life in Northeast Florida through unleashing the creative spirit of young people. By providing access to instruction in the visual and performing arts, we empower underserved, school-aged children to succeed in all areas of their lives. The Cathedral Arts Project serves more than 2,000 students two afternoons each week during the school year and summer, providing quality, standards-based instruction in dance, music, theatre and the visual arts at no charge to our students. Voted one of the best places to work in Jacksonville, we offer a culture of creativity and collaboration right in the heart of downtown Jacksonville.
This position will report to the Director of Programs.
January – May 2017 | 8-10 hours/week
The Visual and Performing Arts Showcases are the finale for all students who participate in CAP’s school year programs. This year’s Performing Arts Showcase will take place Saturday April 22, 2017 at UNF’s Lazzara Performance Hall and the Visual Arts Showcase is from May 11 – June 30 at Jacksonville University’s Alexander Brest Gallery.
- – Update events calendar
- – Order supplies and track inventory
- – Coordinate student transportation
- – Track ad sales and assist with content collection for showcase program
- – Collect and tally student and family surveys
- – Other duties as assigned
- – High school diploma
- – Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- – Strong organizational ability
- – Strong communications skills (written and oral)
- – Ability to work independently and with a team
- – Candidate will be required to pass a Level 2 background check
- – Undergraduate degree or higher
- – Experience working with elementary school children
- – Experience in an art form, education or other applicable field
- – Bilingual in English and Spanish
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.